-->

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sister Beck at Conference

This past weekend was amazing for so many different reasons!
I wasn't able to go to as many classes as I had planed because of a massive Headache I got towards the end of the first day but I would love to share with you the my favorite parts of the first day!

Sister Beck is a wonderful speaker every time I listen to her even if its a a training meeting for Relief Society she can just lift your spirits up and make you feel like you can conquer the world!

Julie Spoke alot who the needs for the adoption program in the church have changed so much of the years  and instead of it being for children with out parents its now helping parents with out children. She talked about how many women in the bible were unable to have children and dealt with the pain and sorrow of not have the blessing of a child for many years.
The she shared a wonderful story about her family and how her father and his first wife had 4 children and sadly the 4th was taken from them shortly after birth... then shortly after that his wife died of cancer...
She said how at his wife's funeral he had one child in his arms and the other two hanging  on his coat, He told himself ; "This challenge will not defeat me"

She talked about how some of our experiences and trials with strengthen us and some will teach us.
At the end of her talk I couldn't get the words will not defeat me out of my mind.
I love the strength behind those words...
I know as I have struggled through the years I have though how can I not let this defeat me or consume me!
Some times we take out trials with grace and other times we hit them head on ready for the battle... for me I would like to think I have done that but I know I have had time when I cave and fallen into Satan's grasp and let sorrow despair and pain overpower the knowledge I have that our father in heaven loves us.

I am so grateful that Sister Beck came and spoke and I am so grateful I was able to be strengthened by her talk and testimony and I hope that as new trials and sorrows come into my life I can proudly say;
"This challenge will not defeat me" 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing Katy - wish I could have been there!

    ReplyDelete