-->

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Self Esteem Part 1

I have had a few e-mails asking me for the presentaiton I gave on Saturday... I had a few parts to it so I will put them up here in parts so I don't make a HUGE post... Here you go!


For the personal references to my story please look at the side bar and read my story before reading these :)


Steps To Regaining or Gaining Self Esteem!


  Stop feeling guilty.  Try to understand where your guilt is stemming from and realize that you deserve all the good things that happen to you

I had to realize that the reason I was feeling the way I was is because one person.. that one abusive relationship caused me to lose control of everything and years later I still was letting him control me… I had to realize he isn't in my life anymore and I am me and people should like me for me...
  Stop beating yourself up. Everyone makes mistakes.  People need to make mistakes to learn from them.  It is natural and there is no such thing as a perfect person.
I had to stop demanding perfection had to learn from the mistakes I made in my life and embrace the mistakes I was and am bound to make in the future.. My new motto in life is Come what may and love it (Elder Wirthlins talk here)… My life is not nor was it ever meant to be perfect. I believe that there was on;y one perfect person who walk this earth and he died for us so we can have choice and accountability so we can make mistakes and not be perfect... But thought the power of repentance we can return to our Heavenly Father... I believe in the healing power of the Atonement
I firmly believe that we were sent down to earth to be tried and tested to endure many things and though our trials find the faith of knowing we will again live with our father in heaven who loves us.
Exercise. Exercise makes you feel better about yourself.  It will increase your energy level, release chemicals into your brain called “endorphins” which make you feel happier and exercise lowers stress. Get ready for the day get out of bed and take a shower
I know everyone has days they don't even want to get out of bed... but I promise you get up take a walk or a run ... … My favorite advice I have been given is Dress the way you want to feel not the way you do feel… Get up get moving and ready for the day even if you are just going to the store for a gallon of milk dress how you want to feel!


  Fix it, if you feel as if you are not “smart enough” or good at anything, increase your knowledge about those subjects.  Then you will feel confident in that subject.  Also having an increased knowledge will give you a strong sense of worth. This feeling of worth is very important to building your confidence and boosting your self-esteem.
I remember many things that I was told I was not good enough at when I was in my abusive relationship some of which are not loading the dishwasher right or not folding towels the correct way, I had to figure out which way was right for me… But if you feel that you are lacking knowledge in something then the best way to handle it is to fix it! WE are so blessed to have the power of the internet of the luxury of the library at our disposable!  I can promise you there will be days when we all will fail... but take you failures and turn them into a positive, look at at your failures as something you can learn from not as something that brings you down!
  Replace negative thoughts with  positive ones.  Having positive thoughts is an essential key to fixing low self-esteem.  Thinking positively kills any negative thoughts you may be having about yourself, your appearance and your skills, making you feel competent, attractive and a good person
This was by far the hardest thing I think for me to grasp… it wasn’t until I was teaching a lesson to some young women last year that I started to be able to start adding this in to my healing process, Every morning I woke up and I looked in the mirror and I remembered I am a Child of God and he loves me and I love him!  Mornings are beautiful when I remember that!

I realize that many people who read this blog may not know of The Chuch of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. But this is my beliefs that i chose to share with you. Wether or not you believe in the LDS faith... Please know that thier is someone who will alway love you and protect you... know that we are never alone in our time of need we will always have our father in heaven to guide us.

1 comment: