-->

Friday, July 22, 2011

You're Better then you think you are

Along time ago a good friend bought me this book.
 At the time I refused to read it because I was so set on hating myself, as silly as that sounds...
well I finally read it a few years ago...  I love it! 

" We all face responsibilities that seem overwhelming at times, We all have recurring feelings of falling short of our desire to do better. And we all have ample evidence that we are far from perfect."

Isn't that the truth!
When I was going through my tough times I striveed for perfection,
I wanted to be perfect because after a few months of being told you didn't do that right or hit for not loading the dishes right or folding the towels the right way... I felt I had to be perfect in order for anyone to love me! 
I was so wrong and I wish I would have seen how wrong I was. Now I see that it is our imperfections that makes us who we are. No one is perfect if we were then how boning would life be.
In this book it  gives a quote by Elder Neal A. Maxwell-
"the first thing to be said of this feeling of inadequacy is that it is normal"

We are not alone in feeling like this i am sure your friends and family all have felt that they can be better...
How ever it gives advice on how to change this...
So here is my challenge for the weekend, Write a not to someone you love... At the end of this note the end of this note  write "you're better than you think you are"


Let us all focus on the things you have done instead of what you haven't focus on the things you have improved on instead of the things you haven't focus on on what good you have in you rather then what bad you think you have.

Lets us all remember, 
We are better than we think we are!

Sincerely, KatyDid


No comments:

Post a Comment